What to Expect at a Sunday Service
When you come to church on a Sunday morning here at LSUMC, you will experience the following during a normal service:
• Singing (Praise and Worship)
• Bible readings (we usually read from the Old Testament, the Gospels, and the Epistles)
• Preaching by the pastor or a special speaker
• Children’s sermon
• Passing the peace (we say hello to one another at a special moment in the service, always with an eye toward sharing the love of Christ with one another)
• We celebrate communion (the Lord’s Table, Eucharist) on the first Sunday of the month
We provide an order of service (a bulletin) so you always know what is coming up next. We use our hymnals every Sunday. We do not ask our visitors to stand and introduce themselves, nor do we call attention to them in any way during the service – we understand how awkward that can feel
The church service usually takes about an hour and then we have a potluck meal in the fellowship hall. As our guest, please do not bring food – it is our pleasure to share!
Sunday School – 8:15 a.m.
Church Service – 9:00 a.m.
Follow us on Facebook for special events, studies and updated information.